- Enter all the URLs you are allowing to HotLink to your web site in the "URLs to allow access" text box.
NOTE: If any default URLs should not be entered in the text box, delete them accordingly.
- Next, enter file extension types in the "Extensions to allow (separate by commas)" tex box. By default, "jpg,jpeg,gif,png,bmp" are automatically entered.
- If someone tries to visit a section on your web site that you have HotLink protected, you can setup a Redirect URL to point them to another location. Enter the URL you want the visitor to be redirected to in the "Url to Redirect to" text box.
- If you want to allow direct requests to view image files on your web site, ie. http://www.yourdomain.com/cpanel.gif, click on the Allow direct requests check box.
NOTE: The "Allow direct requests" checkbox must be checked when using HotLink Protection for files that you wish to be viewed in QuickTime (Mac Users) by your site's visitors.
- Click on the Submit button. This will save all changes you have made in the steps above.
- Enable your HotLink Protection by following the instructions below.